[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] (no subject)

Ross Geoghegan ross at math.binghamton.edu
Sat Nov 25 08:45:16 EST 2006

                   BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

   Date: Thursday November 30, 2006

   Time:  2.50 pm

   Place: Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson
          Reading Room.

   Speaker: Efstratios Prassidis (Canisius College)

   Title: On monomorphisms of groups

Abstract:
We will give homological conditions that characterize when a group
homomorphism from certain poly-free groups to any group is a monomorphism.
The poly-free groups are fundamental groups of complements of hyperplane
arrangements or subgroups of the group of automorphisms of the free group.
Also, we connect out criteria to the general linearity criterion for
groups that was given by Lubotzky.

NOTE:  The seminar has a webpage where the semester's program is listed:

http://math.binghamton.edu/MATH/dept/topsem/index.html

It can also be linked from the Department's Home Page.
IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS EMAIL LIST WRITE
ross at math.binghamton.edu