[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] 2 talks January 28 by Shavgulidze

Marco Varisco marco at math.binghamton.edu
Sun Jan 24 11:41:59 EST 2010

Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar
http://www.math.binghamton.edu/dept/topsem/

Two talks are scheduled for this Thursday.

-- First talk: Dean's Speaker Series in Geometry/Topology --

Date: Thursday, January 28, 2010

Time: 2:50-3:50 pm

Place: Library North 2205
(followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson Reading Room)

Speaker: Evgeny Shavgulidze (Moscow State University)

Title: Quasi-invariant measures on the groups of diffeomorphisms of
the circle and of the interval and their applications

Abstract: We will describe a class of quasi-invariant measures on the
circle and on the interval related to the Wiener measure. Some of
their unusual properties will be explained. These measures are defined
on the group of type Diff^1 and are quasi-invariant with respect to
the action of the subgroup of type Diff^3. Some applications to the
representation theory, quantum field theory, and amenability will be
mentioned.

-- Second talk --