[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Mar 22

Dmytro Savchuk dsavchuk at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Mar 19 14:29:50 EDT 2012

                 BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

*Date:*  Thursday, Mar 22, 2012

*Time:*  2:50-3:50pm
*Place:*  Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson Reading
Room.

*Speaker: ** *Dmitri Scheglov (University of Oklahoma)
*Title: *Extremal metrics in a conformal class
 *
Abstract:* We construct a new functional on the space of metrics and show
that it achieves its minimum in a conformal class under some non-degeneracy
assumptions. As an application we get a new family of conformal metrics on
compact Riemann surfaces.