[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Geometry & Topology seminar

somnath at math.binghamton.edu somnath at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Mar 18 10:22:00 EDT 2013

BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

*Date:*  Thursday, March 21, 2013

*Time:*  2:50-3:50pm
*Place:*  Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson Reading
Room.

*Speaker: ** *Longzhi Lin (Rutgers University)
*Title: *Dynamic stability of the surface area preserving mean curvature
flow in Euclidean space
 *
Abstract:* In this talk we will discuss the recent joint work with Zheng
Huang on the dynamic stability of the surface area preserving mean
curvature flow in Euclidean space. More precisely, we show that the flow
exists for all time and converges exponentially to a round sphere, if
initially the L^2-norm of the traceless second fundamental form is small
(but the initial hypersurface is not necessarily convex).