[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Geometry & Topology Seminar

somnath at math.binghamton.edu somnath at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Feb 3 23:07:18 EST 2014

BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

*Date:*  Thursday, February 6th, 2013

*Time:*  2:50-3:50pm
*Place:*  Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson
Reading Room.

*Speaker: ** *Somnath Basu (Binghamton University)
*Title: * Counting curves and the Euler class.

*Abstract:*  We shall discuss the enumerative problem of counting the
number of complex curves (in complex projective space of dimension 2)
which pass through the requisite number of generic points and has a
prescribed singularity at one point. Our exposition will be from a
topological point of view via the Euler class. This is joint work with
Ritwik Mukherjee.