[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Topology/Geometry seminar this Thursday

Tam Nguyen Phan tam at math.binghamton.edu
Sun Sep 20 12:05:00 EDT 2015

BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

   Date: Thursday, September 24th, 2015

   Time:  2.50 pm

   Place: Whitney Hall, Room 100E,  followed by coffee/tea in the
      Hilton Reading Room. Note the new location of the math department (
http://www2. <http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>
math.binghamton.edu <http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>
/p/directions <http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>).

   Speaker:  *Federico Rodriguez Hertz* (Pennsylvania State University)

   Title:  *Stable** ergodicity** in low dimensions*

    Abstract: We shall give an overview of what is known about stable
ergodicity for partially hyperbolic systems in low dimensions (either of
the manifold or of the center bundle). We shall also state some old and new
problems and give the main obstacles towards their solution.

NOTE:  The seminar has a webpage where the semester's program is listed:

http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/seminars/topsem