[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] This week: Kate Ponto

jwilliams at math.binghamton.edu jwilliams at math.binghamton.edu
Tue Apr 30 16:05:55 EDT 2019

This week we'll meet as usual Thursday, May 2 at 2:50pm in WH 100E.

Speaker: Kato Ponto (University of Kentucky)

Title: Defining additive invariants

Abstract: I'll talk about first steps in an approach to defining additive
invariants that captures familiar invariants and many of their most useful
properties.  This approach defines the character of a representation and
the Reidemeister trace of an endomorphism of a compact manifold.  It
creates a framework that describes both induction and restriction formulas
for characters and the compatibility of fixed point invariants with maps
of subcomplexes and fibrations.