[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Seminar this semester?

sapir at math.binghamton.edu sapir at math.binghamton.edu
Wed Aug 5 19:08:44 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and staying safe!

I wanted to gauge interest in having the topology seminar run (online)
this semester. I set up a quick doodle poll with a yes/ no option here:

https://doodle.com/poll/xrdr735m5qunmzip

Please reply soon, preferably by Friday.

The way I see it, there are pros and cons to having the seminar:
Pros:
 - We can invite a wide range of speakers
 - Foster interaction within the topology/ geometry group
 - Keep our seminar running

Cons:
 - Many other online seminars are available
 - Zoom talks are not ideal

If we do run it, then how it would work, would be anyone interested in
inviting a speaker can email the organizer (probably Cary) with the
speaker's name and email address. Then the organizer will handle setting
up the zoom link, and fielding questions from attendees during the talk.
This has worked quite well in other online talks I've attended these past
few months.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to vote! I know we all have all
sorts of other pressing matters to sort out before the semester starts.

Best,
Jenya