[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Seminar This Week

Matthew R Haulmark haulmark at binghamton.edu
Mon Apr 26 17:04:18 EDT 2021

 Hi everyone,

This week our speaker will be our own Ulysses Alvarez. Here are the details.

*Title*: Order complexes and tropical phased matroids

*Abstract:* A topological poset is a Hausdorff space with a partial
ordering such that the relation is closed in the product space. An
interesting feature of topological posets is that they can be associated to
a generalization of the order complex of discrete posets. In this talk, I
will mainly focus on my favorite example of topological posets: the
tropical phase hyperfield. More specifically I will give the homeomorphism
type of the order complex of the covector set of a tropical phased matroid.

Zoom link for the seminar, 2:50 - 3:50:
https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/94057178271

Zoom link for the coffee, 12:30 - 1:30:
https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/96674397432