[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Geometry and Topology seminar: Cary Malkiewich

Cary Malkiewich malkiewich at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Oct 4 15:30:59 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

This week I'll be speaking in our seminar about a homotopical refinement of
the characteristic polynomial, title and abstract below. As usual, the talk
will be on Thursday at 2:50pm in WH 100E.

The "seminar lunch" will again be at the picnic table just outside the main
entrance a little after 12pm (in case you need to go pick up food and bring
it back). Anyone is welcome to join!

Best,
Cary

Title: The higher characteristic polynomial
Abstract: In this talk I will discuss various lifts of the characteristic
polynomial to the setting of algebraic K-theory, and describe the
relationship to trace methods and to topological fixed-point theory.