[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] GT-Seminar Jonathan Williams speaking

Jose Roman Aranda Cuevas jaranda at binghamton.edu
Thu Sep 29 09:18:17 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

This week we are pleased to have our very own J Williams speaking about
presentations of 4-manifolds, title and abstract below. This will be
an *in-person
talk*, today Thursday at 2:50pm in WH 100E.

We will also have a lunch social, meet at 12pm just outside WH100E. See you
there!

Best,
Cary and Roman

Title: Nullhomotopic crown maps
Abstract: I'll present a straightforward way to convert any crown map
(which is a special kind of map from a 4-manifold to the 2-sphere) into a
nullhomotopic crown map, while keeping track of the combinatorial data of
the original map. The construction will also bring salient sets into the
very active world of trisections and multisections.