[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] GT Seminar: Daniel Gulbrandsen

Jose Roman Aranda Cuevas jaranda at binghamton.edu
Thu Mar 9 09:11:13 EST 2023

Hi everyone,

This week we are pleased to have Daniel Gulbrandsen (University of
Wisconsin Milwaukee) speaking about cube complexes, title, and abstract
below. This will be a virtual talk, *today Thursday at 2:50 pm ET on WH
100E.*

We'll project it in WH 100E for those who want to come. In case you can't
make it and would like to join remotely, you can join at the link:

https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/2060048595

We'll also gather for lunch at 12 pm just outside WH100E. See you there!

Best,
Cary and Roman

*Title:* Cubical Collapses and a New Compactification of Locally-Finite
CAT(0) Cube Complexes
*Abstract:* In this talk we will define what it means for a cube complex to
be collapsible. In particular, our definition will apply to the case that
the complex is not finite. Then, we will show that all locally-finite
CAT(0) cube complexes are collapsible. The process will yield an inverse
sequence of finite convex subcomplexes whose inverse limit provides a
Z-compactification of the complex in which the boundary (which we call the
cubical boundary) incorporates properties of both the visual and Roller
boundaries.