[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] October 27, joint with Algebra Seminar

Marco Varisco marco at math.binghamton.edu
Fri Oct 23 09:59:12 EDT 2009

Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar, joint with Algebra Seminar
http://www.math.binghamton.edu/dept/topsem/

Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time: 2:50 pm

Place: Library North 2205

Speaker: Martin Kassabov (Cornell University)

Title: Subspace arrangements and property T

Abstract: I will mainly talk about (my viewpoint at) a method for
proving property T started by Dymara and Januszkiewicz. Their original
motivation came from groups acting on dimensional buildings, but the
refined idea does not use anything more than angles between subspaces
in an finite dimensional Euclidian space. Parts of the talk are based
on a work of M. Ershov and A. Jaikin.