[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Joint meeting with Combinatorics seminar, Oct 11

Dmytro Savchuk dsavchuk at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Oct 10 23:03:48 EDT 2011

This week we will also have an extra joint meeting with our Combinatorics
seminar on coming Tuesday.

                   BINGHAMTON COMBINATORICS / GEOMETRY and TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

*Date:*  Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011
*Time:*  1:15-2:15pm
*Place:*  Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson Reading
Room.

*Speaker:* Marisa Belk Hughes (Cornell)
*Title:* Quotients of Spheres and the Tutte Polynomial*
*
*
Abstract:*  The homology and singular sets of quotients of spheres by linear
actions of tori can be computed using the Tutte polynomial of a matroid.
*
*