[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] This week: Caglar Uyanik

sapir at math.binghamton.edu sapir at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Sep 9 15:08:58 EDT 2019

This week we will meet as usual on Thursday, September 12 at 2:50pm
in WH 100E.

Seminar dinner will take place at the Garage Taco bar at 6pm, after
the seminar. All are welcome!

Speaker: Caglar Uyanik (Yale University)

Title: Dynamics on geodesic currents and atoroidal subgroups of
Out(FN)

 Abstract:  Geodesic currents on surfaces are measure
theoretic  generalizations of closed curves on surfaces and they play an
important  role in the study of the Teichmuller spaces. I will talk about
their  analogs in the setting of free groups, and try to illustrate how
the  dynamics and geometry of the Out(FN) action
reflects on the algebraic structure of Out(FN).