[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] This week: Cary Malkiewich

sapir at math.binghamton.edu sapir at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Sep 16 14:23:38 EDT 2019

This week we will meet as usual on Thursday, September 19 at 2:50pm
in WH 100E.

Speaker: Cary Malkiewich (Binghamton University)

Title: What algebraic K-theory has to do with fixed-point theory

Abstract: The goal of this talk is to give a gentle introduction to
algebraic K-theory and the Dennis trace. We'll see how the concept
naturally arises when we try to enumerate all the ways to algebraically
count the fixed points of a map f:X→X for a finite CW complex X.