[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] (no subject)

Matthew R Haulmark haulmark at binghamton.edu
Mon Sep 28 18:15:12 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

This week our speaker is Ashani Dasgupta of the University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The title and abstract are below. The links for the
talk and coffee are:

Zoom link for the seminar, 2:50 - 3:50:
https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/94057178271

Zoom link for the coffee, 12:30 - 1:30:
https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/96674397432

Title: *Local connectedness of Bowditch Boundary*

*Abstract: *Bowditch associated a topological space ∂G to Relatively
Hyperbolic Group G. Topological information about ∂G is often useful to
understand algebraic information about the group G. In this talk we will
sketch a proof of the following theorem: if G is a finitely generated,
relatively one-ended, relatively hyperbolic group then ∂G is locally
connected. Earlier Bowditch proved the local connectedness of ∂G with a
more restricted hypothesis. We will sketch the proof of the general result.

See you on Thursday!

Best,

Matt