[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Geometry and Topology seminar: Jonathan Williams

Cary Malkiewich malkiewich at math.binghamton.edu
Tue Nov 30 15:01:56 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

This week Jonathan is back for round two of 4-manifold invariants, title
and abstract below. As usual, the talk will be on Thursday at 2:50pm in WH
100E.

The "seminar lunch" will again be at the picnic table just outside the main
entrance a little after 12pm (in case you need to go pick up food and bring
it back). Anyone is welcome to join!

In other news, we had a cancellation for seminar next week, so if anyone
would like to give a talk on Thurs Dec 9, let me or Matt know!

Best,
Cary

Title: The salient sequence of a crown diagram
Abstract: I will discuss a very concrete and elementary construction
allowing one to associate a pair of numbers to each crossing in a crown
diagram, and discuss invariance properties for a particular “salient
sequence” of these numbers. If time permits, I'll point out a few promising
directions in which one could take the construction.