[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Geometry and Topology seminar: Chaitanya Tappu

Cary Malkiewich malkiewich at math.binghamton.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:35:58 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

This week we are pleased to have Chaitanya Tappu (Cornell) speaking about
the mapping class group, title and abstract below. This will be an *in
person* talk, on Thursday at 2:50pm in WH 100E!

Best,
Cary

Title: Mapping Class Group acts continuously on the marked moduli space
Abstract: We define a moduli space of marked hyperbolic structures on an
infinite type surface, analogous to Teichmueller spaces. The mapping class
group of the surface acts on this marked moduli space. For infinite type
surfaces, the mapping class group is a topological group, so we can ask if
the above action is continuous. We answer this in the affirmative.