[Binghamton Geometry Topology Seminar] Geometry and Topology seminar: Yash Lodha

Cary Malkiewich malkiewich at math.binghamton.edu
Thu May 5 10:02:02 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Our speaker has noted that many of us saw the talk given in the
announcement yesterday, so he's giving a new talk today on his more recent
work. Updated title and abstract below! See you there or at the link

https://binghamton.zoom.us/j/94800072611

Cary

Second bounded cohomology, left orderability and a question of Navas.
Abstract: In this talk I will describe some new results around the second
bounded cohomology of various finitely generated and finitely presented
groups acting on the line.
This leads to the solution (in the negative) of the following question of
Navas: Does the vanishing of second bounded cohomology (with trivial real
coefficients) imply indicability of a finitely generated left orderable
group? This is joint work with Fournier-Facio.