[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Topology/Geometry seminar this Thursday

Tam Nguyen Phan tam at math.binghamton.edu
Sun Apr 17 11:19:56 EDT 2016

BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

   Date: Thursday, April 21st, 2016

   Time:  2.50 pm

   Place: Whitney Hall, Room 100E,  followed by coffee/tea in the Hilton
Reading Room. Note the new location of the math department (http://
<http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>www2.
<http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>math.binghamton.edu
<http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>/p/directions
<http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/directions>).

   Speaker:  Christoforos Neofytidis (Binghamton University)

   Title: *Mapping degree sets of Cartesian products*

    Abstract: We study stability of properties of closed oriented manifolds
under taking non-trivial Cartesian products, with special emphasis to
properties related to the sets of self-mapping degrees. We derive
applications with respect to the non-existence of orientation reversing
self-maps.

NOTE:  The seminar has a webpage where the semester's program is listed:

http://www2.math.binghamton.edu/p/seminars/topsem