[Binghamton Geometry/Topology Seminar] Geometry & Topology seminar

somnath at math.binghamton.edu somnath at math.binghamton.edu
Mon Sep 23 00:14:37 EDT 2013

BINGHAMTON GEOMETRY/TOPOLOGY SEMINAR

*Date:*  Thursday, September 26, 2013

*Time:*  2:50-3:50pm
*Place:*  Library North 2205 followed by coffee/tea in the Anderson
Reading Room.

*Speaker: ** *Tanya Firsova (Stony Brook University)
*Title: *A new geometric proof of the lambda-Lemma

*Abstract:* We give a new geometric proof of Lambda Lemma. We relate the
technique of filling totally real manifolds with boundaries in
pseudoconvex domains to the holomorphic motion. That replaces the major
technical part in the proof of lambda lemma by a transparent geometric
argument. This a joint work with Eric Bedford.

Please see attachment for an extended abstract.